What is Linkage to Care?
H.E.A.T., or HIV Engagement Adherence Team, is a new name for our Linkage to Care program. This team is made up of people who want to help you with your HIV diagnosis. H.E.A.T. provides you with education and resources surrounding you with HIV.
- Help finding a doctor
- Assist with finding coverage for your HIV medical care
- Assist with finding coverage for your HIV medication
- Assist with access to other services like transportation, housing, dental, mental health counseling, support groups, and food in the St. Louis area.
- Provide free testing for family, friends, and sex partners if they want to know their status.
How does it work?
- Call our H.E.A.T. hotline at (314) 356-0200 and speak to someone a part of H.E.A.T.
- We will connect you with a case manager and health educator who will guide you through the process of getting linked to more education and a doctor.
- Your case manager and/or health educator will call you to schedule a meeting.
- Keep your appointment with the health educator and case manager and get enrolled into the Ryan White program.
- Your case manager and health educator will walk you through all the next steps to getting/staying healthy.